Food and Nutrient variety – is key to a well-balanced, healthy diet.
Vitamin C can help the body absorb Iron.
|Foods High In
|Foods High in
Calcium (from things like low-fat/nonfat dairy) decreases the absorption of Iron.
Plant-Based Proteins to make a Complete Protein
*Complete Protein provides all of the amino acids that the body needs for normal health and function.
- Red Beans and Brown Rice
- Whole Grain Bread and Peanut Butter
- Chickpea hummus made w/ sesame tahini
- Yogurt and Walnuts Pair Carbohydrates with Protein **They don’t have to be consumed at the same time to provide the benefit of a complete protein.
- Help to raise and stabilize blood sugar/energy levels.
- Optimum combination for recovery after exercise.
- Feel full for longer than with Carb alone.
- Piece of Fruit with Hardboiled Egg
- Low-fat/nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Apple with Peanut Butter
- Whole Grain Cracker and Low-fat String Cheese
- Fruit and Cottage Cheese