This satisfying lunch is enriched with fiber and antioxidants. It will give you that energy boost you need throughout the day! Serves 6.
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce
Cook brown rice in a medium bowl. Combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, salt, pepper and hot sauce. To serve, place a scoop of hot rice in a bowl or on a plate. Top with a generous scoop of the black bean mixture. Stir together before eating.
Calories: 396 fat:5g cho:77g protein:12g