- 2 chicken breasts (about 1lb)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 large shallots-thinly sliced
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves- roughly chopped
- Dash of salt
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, or coconut oil
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- ½ head of romaine or endive lettuce- whole leaves separated to create wraps
- 1 avocado-diced
- Lime wedges
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the chicken breasts, lower heat to simmer, cover the pot & cook for about 15-20 minutes. When chicken is done- drain water, allow meat to cool & pull into thin strips.
- While the chicken is cooking in Step 1, take out coconut flakes & a small, non-stick skillet. Place the coconut flakes in skillet and toast over low heat until lightly brown. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken with shallots, 2/3 of the toasted coconut flakes, cilantro, and chili powder. Season with salt, add lime juice, oil, & mix well.
- Place the coconut-chicken salad mix on the lettuce wrap. Top with diced avocado and some more coconut flakes, and squeeze lime juice over. Serves 5-6 as an appetizer or 2-3 as main course.