Prevent Blood Sugar Crashes.
1. Eat consistently
- Consume a meal or snack every 3-4 hours
- Decrease portions at meals to add snacks between
2 .Include a lean source of protein at each meal & snack
- Dairy products
3. Include some fiber at each meal & snack
- Whole grains
4. Include a heart healthy fat at most meals and snacks
- Heart healthy oils (canola/olive)
5. Keep an emergency food stash for when you forgot to pack a snack.
- gym bag
- back pack
- office drawer
6. Avoid consuming carbohydrates alone ****exception is right before and/or during a workout****
Healthy planning can only take us so far. If you become OVER-HUNGRY (H-angry) from low blood sugar…… The unavoidable crash!
Never fear, your NutriFormance RDs are here! It will take 15 minutes and 15 gram of carb (1 serving of grain, starch, or fruit) to recover your blood sugar crash.