Events are times to enjoy friends, family and food. Contrary to popular belief, you can have all 3 without packing on pounds.
What to remember:
– Do not skip meals = may result in overeating and slowing down metabolism
– Eat breakfast. Research shows that those who eat this important morning meal tend to consume fewer calories throughout the day.
– Saving up for the big meal or restricting will only result in slowing down your metabolism. Losing muscle mass and minimal fat loss.
– Event meals tend to be large, buffet-style and include many helpings. While you may not eat an entire cake, a common mistake is eating large portions of foods.
– It’s important to include nutrient-rich foods in your diet, but also remember that these foods have calories as well and should be eaten in moderation.
– Think your drinks. Don’t forget hydration! Have water between alcohol and caffeine.
Strategies to try:
– Using a smaller plate
– Add salad, fruit, and vegetables first before entrees/dessert
– Savor those treats you don’t get often (like grandma’s famous pasta salad)
– Stay in tune with your hunger- take 20 minutes to eat. Try taking a sip of water in between each bite.
– Wait 10 minutes before getting seconds
– Get friends/family moving! Take a walk, play a game, dance at the wedding reception, etc.
Five Ways NutriFormance Can Help You Navigate the Holiday Season
The holiday season is almost upon us and this time