Prior to joining NutriFormance, Susan earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and her Master’s Degree in Nutrition and Physical Performance from Saint Louis University. Susan specializes in plant-based nutrition and has a passion for helping others start and develop their own cooking practice. She has experience in eating disorder, weight management, sports and family nutrition counseling, as well as teaching plant-based cooking classes in individual and group settings. She has worked at Castlewood Treatment Center and as an independent consultant.
Susan has swam competitively the majority of her life and enjoys multi-sport endurance events as well as stabilizing barre and yoga classes. She discovered the benefits of plant-based eating during training and in everyday life as she saw improvements in her own recovery time, athletic performance, energy levels, and self-awareness. She continues to pursue and share plant-based nutrition as a means of vitality, disease prevention, and from a purely authentic desire to cook and share sustainable and nourishing food.
Susan’s certifications and achievements include:
- Registered Dietitian – #1062754
- Missouri Licensed Dietitian – #2011037378
- American College of Sports Medicine Clinical Health-Fitness Specialist #697894
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Member
- Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition Practice Group Member
- Published in the Journal of Sports Science and Medicine: Effects of dietary acid on exercise metabolism and anaerobic exercise performance, July 2015
Susan’s philosophy is that simplicity is the root of satisfied living. She guides you in making plants a central and streamlined part of meals for busy, everyday life.