If you are hosting the holiday meal and want to keep your families food fare healthy…… considering swapping out a few ingredients. Eat healthy without sacrificing taste!
•Using two egg whites in place of one egg can reduce the cholesterol and produce the same tasty result.
• Use low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth in your mashed potatoes to add flavor and lighten holiday fat content.
• Substitute applesauce for oil, margarine or butter in muffins and quick breads like banana bread. Try substituting a small amount at first, as the more you substitute the more the texture of the finished product changes.
• For dips, sauces and pie toppings, use non-fat Greek yogurt and whipped topping. (whipped toppings have less calories for the same amount)
• Sliced almonds make a delicious, crunchy topping in place of fried onion rings.
• Choose reduced-fat cheeses for salads and casseroles.
Five Ways NutriFormance Can Help You Navigate the Holiday Season
The holiday season is almost upon us and this time