Ease away from your sweet cravings after the holidays with this nutrient packed, satisfying treat!
15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans 1/2 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon honey 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone mat.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Place them on a towel to dry off.
- Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it’s still soft, bake for longer.
- While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is, or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Store leftover chickpeas in an airtight container. Nutrition Facts: Makes 4 servings Calories 146, 2.6g fat, 23g carb, 4.5g fiber, 6.2g protein
For assistance with your meal planning contact Jamie at jamiec@NutriFormance.com http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/roasted-honey-cinnamon-chickpeas-2790865