As the temperature dials up, proper hydration is essential, especially if you lead an active lifestyle. Try these tips to promote drinking more water and stay cool and hydrated through the hot days of summer.
- Add slices of fresh peaches and ginger or strawberries and lime to cold sparkling water.
- Create your own “spa water” by adding fresh mint or basil and cucumber slices to ice cold water.
- Chill fresh brewed fruit or herbal tea or decaf green tea. Add vanilla, mint or chunks of fruit to the batch for a refreshing, antioxidant rich beverage.
- Eat plenty of high water fruits and vegetables. Watermelon, berries, cucumber, tomatoes and salad greens are all more than 90% water.
- Make a smoothie. Combine your favorite leafy green (depending on the green, just changes the color not the flavor) with fruit for a refreshing, nutrient rich snack.
This list is just a start. Take a look in your fridge. You can add fresh blueberries, cantaloupe… really anything you want to get rid of or that looks pretty in a pitcher. The most important thing is to stay hydrated and water is what you need.