Spring is finally here and summer is right around the corner, which inevitably means lighter and fewer articles of clothing. It’s important to feel confident and excited for warmer weather, not insecure in any way! Let’s face it though; we all unfortunately get the occasional bloating and gassiness. Have no fear: NutriFormance is here with some belly-boosting tips that will blast that bloat and keep you feeling amazing.
- Foods that contain lots of salt, artificial sweeteners, & fiber cause you to retain water.
- STOP this from happening by drinking plenty of fluids!
- Tip: keep a water bottle with you at all times. Just having the water with you will remind you to drink more.
Watch what you drink:
- Caffeine, alcohol, & products with artificial sweeteners (includes sugar-free sweets and gums) stimulate your gut, causing gassiness & even diarrhea.
- TIP: If you choose to consume these products, drink plenty of water with them!
- Fiber moves things along in your digestive tract but be cautious! Eating too much without enough fluids can actually make your bloating worse.
- TIP: drink lots of water with these foods:
- Whole fruits
- Whole grains (oats, brown rice, and any grain with the word “whole” in front of it.
- These are good bacteria (“live cultures”) like the ones that live in your gut.
- Probiotics promote good digestion & can reduce symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome like gassiness & bloating.
- The GI tract also accounts for 60% of your immune health; probiotics can give you an immunity boost.
- Foods with Probiotics: Yogurt, Kefir, sauerkraut, pickles, Miso soup, kombucha, & tempeh
- Prebiotics are food for the probiotics. These natural non-digestible food ingredients promote the growth of good bacteria in your gut & contribute to improved digestion & overall immunity.
- Foods with Prebiotics: Bananas, asparagus, artichokes, onions, garlic, leeks, soybeans, and whole-wheat products