- Eat until you are satisfied, not full. It takes 20 minutes for your stomach to send the signal to your brain that you are satisfied. Slow down and savor the flavor of your food.
- Make sure half of your plate is veggies. ¼ whole grain or fruit and ¼ lean protein. Don’t forget the heart healthy fats too.
- Stay hydrated. Often dehydration is misconstrued as hunger.
- Don’t eat out of a carton or package. We are unable to control healthy portions. All that will stop you will be the bottom of the bag.
- Make sure your intake isn’t top heavy. Don’t start your day trying to “be good” and not eat enough (restrict). This will usually result in blood sugar crash and overconsumption later in the afternoon and evening.
Simple things make the biggest difference.