In order to celebrate your health and National Nutrition Month it will be easier if you have quick, healthy meals.
Here are 5 of my favorite quick, easily prepped and stocked meals
1. Smoothie with plain Greek yogurt, frozen fruit, natural nut butter and low fat or non fat milk. Blend, pour in cup and enjoy running out of the door for breakfast.
2. 1.5 minute egg sandwich: 1 whole grain English muffin toasted. 1 egg scrambled in microwave safe bowl (cooking spray or coated with olive/canola oil) cook 1-1.5 minutes in microwave. (Start with 1 minute). Hummus and spinach. You could also add a slice of low sodium deli meat or 1oz natural cheese. The ease of this is in that while the toaster is working so is the microwave and you just slide the egg out of the bowl onto your toasted English muffin.
3. Whole wheat tortilla with black beans, fresh spinach leaves, shredded cheese and salsa. Served cold or warmed.
4. Whole wheat tortilla pizza. Whole wheat tortilla, spread with marinara sauce, top with mozzarella/goat cheese, spinach. Add leftover sliced chicken breast. Heat in oven at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
5. Tuna melt. 1 can in water 3oz tuna, 1T plain Greek yogurt, mustard and relish to taste and texture preference. Mix together. Toast whole grain bread or pita pocket. Add spinach leaves.
Of course all of these dishes need more vegetables and fruits but these are some quick on the run options.
The holiday season is almost upon us and this time