- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir together until everything is fully mixed, the dough will be very thick
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon onto the cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the sides of the bites begin to brown
- Let cool and enjoy.
Also consider adding pecan pieces, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, craisins, coconut or granola stirred in.
The possibilities are endless!
Yields approximately 15 cookies
Nutrition Facts:Calories: 130Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1 gCarb: 12 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Protein: 5.6 g
Sodium: 80 mgPotassium: 150 mg
Why Wheat Germ??
Wheat germ is packed with daily vitamins and minerals including B-vitamins, vitamin D, potassium, zinc, iron, and magnesium. Wheat germ provides good digestive health and helps balance blood sugar, which is important in lowering cholesterol and preventing diabetes complications.