Heart Healthy version of Creamy Pasta
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (save some lemon zest for garnish)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6oz your pasta preference
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Dish doesn’t reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce.
Nutrition: Calories 362, Protein 5.25 grams, Carbohydrate 24.5 grams and Fat 28.8 grams