Prior to joining NutriFormance as a personal trainer, Amy has invested a great deal of time toward furthering her fitness career, both personally and professionally. For the past 15 years, she has integrated herself as a respected member of the group fitness community as both a group fitness leader and program director for several area clubs, as well as gaining the attention of presenters on the national level. She hopes to use this visibility to reinforce the importance of the educated fitness professional in today’s expanding industry. Amy’s instruction covers a spectrum of class formats, including not only advanced versions of both traditional aerobics and step, but also aqua, kickboxing, body conditioning, circuit, and Spinning. She made the transition to personal training in 1998 by completing the ACE personal trainer’s examination.
Amy earned a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Interior Architecture from the University of Kansas.
Amy’s certification and achievements include:
- Group fitness instructor
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Aerobics Instructor
- AFAA Certified Aerobics Instructor
- American Red Cross- CPR Certified
- Kickfit Kickboxing Certification
- Certified Spinning Coach
- Triathlon/Biathlon participant
- Volunteer- ACE Energy 2 Burn program to promote youth exercise
- Member- St. Louis Track Club
- Vice-President and Presenter for City of Hope Workout-1999
With a thorough understanding of aerobic conditioning and strength training, Amy hopes to help her clients achieve their goals in a realistic, timely fashion. Amy has the ability to provide a lot of variety in programming for clients and can even manage group training of up to five clients during one session. Amy’s future goals include competing in the Hawaiian Ironman and completing certifications in both rock climbing and archery.