Written By: Rena Hembrock
Come utilize the NutriFormance Massage team for your self care! Our Massage Therapists know how to reach therapeutic goals; each session is different and client focused.
Effects of Massage Therapy are seen on a cellular level by improving tissue health and repair. Releasing adhesions and separating muscle fibers benefit your body on a physical level. There are many physiological and psychological changes and positive effects of massage. Such as:
- Decreased Blood pressure
- Improved Heart rate
- Helps Ease Anxiety and depression
- Promotes optimal joint function and flexibility
- Stimulates parasympathetic nervous system (relaxation response)
- Sharpens body awareness
- Releases endorphins and enkephalins
- Increased circulation
- Speeds lymph fluid movement
- Encourages full complete breathing
- Improved digestion with relaxation
- Increased mental clarity
- Tissue Repair
- Lowered Cancer-related fatigue
- Alleviated Low back pain
- Manages Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Reduced post-operative pain
- Boosts the body’s immune system functioning
- Decreased symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Reduced headache frequency
- Eases alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Decreased pain in cancer patients
- Lessens Fibromyalgia discomfort
- Diminished Inflammation from exercise
A multitude of recent research shows a direct correlation between massage therapy and improved cardiovascular health; the immediate results of lowered blood pressure can last up to 72 hours after massage. As with anything, check with your health care providers and ask if they recommend this as a part of your wellness.
Pain is a major public health concern, affecting approximately 100 million Americans. Pain is multi-dimensional and may be better addressed through an integrative approach; Massage Therapy is conditionally recommended for reducing pain.
Schedule a massage to experience these wonderful benefits today!
For more information email Amyp@nutriformance.com