Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Ready In: 25 min
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat (2%) milk
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Neufchtel or low-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Make the sauce: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook until the garlic is slightly soft, about 1 minute. Add in the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon,1 minute. Whisk in the milk and 3/4 teaspoon salt and cook, whisking constantly, until just thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the Neufchatel and parmesan cheese; whisk until melted, about 1 minute. Stir in the chopped parsley.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and return to the pot.
3. Add the sauce and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and gently toss to combine, adding more cooking water as needed to loosen. Season with salt. Divide among bowls and top with parmesan and pepper.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving- Serves 4
Calories: 490 Fat: 15 g Saturated Fat: 8 g Cholesterol: 48 mg Sodium: 734 mg Carbohydrate: 66 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 20 g
For further questions or to schedule an appointment, contact Jen at jens@NutriFormance.com
You can find the recipes, tips, and meal plans as well as Team RD’s “How to” Video Series on www.NutriFormance.com blog.