KORR Metabolic Rate Testing and Analysis Includes:
- KORR Metabolic Rate Analysis
- Personalized Nutrition coaching as recommended by Registered Dietitian
Our Unique Process
We begin your personal assessment with Korr Metabolic Rate Testing™ which allows us to determine your baseline metabolic needs. With this comprehensive data, plus your activity and exercise history, we can design a nutrition program that takes into account your unique metabolism and activity.
Important procedures to follow prior to your Korr Metabolic Rate Test™ [click]
Metabolic rate, or metabolism, is the rate at which the body expends energy. This is also referred to as the “caloric burn rate”. Knowing metabolic rate is vital for weight loss as well as for determining the proper feeding amounts needed to treat various disease states.
Energy expenditure can be divided into three groups of calories
- Resting Calories – Calories that are burned while the body is at rest. These calories are needed just to maintain life. The majority of all calories burned (about 70-80%) are burned at the resting level.
- Activity Calories – Calories that are burned because of normal daily activities are “Activity Calories”. Normal daily activities such as walking, eating (digesting food), typing, etc. are included in activity calories.
- Exercise Calories – These calories are burned because of exercise.
The sum of all of these groups of calories is the total metabolic rate.
The body gains or loses fat based on energy balance. Energy balance refers to the relationship between energy intake (eating) and energy expenditure (metabolic rate). The figures below describe the three states of energy balance.
Normal Energy Balance
Negative Energy Balance
Positive Energy Balance
Testing a your metabolic rate will determine exactly how many calories you need to lose, gain, or maintain weight. Retesting will reveal if your metabolism has been affected by dieting or by your sport.