Eating healthy needs to be simple to be sustainable and eating healthy is often confused with eating for a healthy weight. Here are the differences.
Then follow the link for our recipes for our One Dish Wonders from the grill, stove top, slow cooker, oven, and even for breakfasts.
- A variety of nutrients/foods
- Increased fruits and vegetables
- Non-processed, fresh foods as much as possible
- A balance of lean protein, heart healthy fat and carb (from fruits/veggies and whole grains)
- Enjoy all foods in moderation
- Prevent cancer, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc.
Eating for a healthy weight is all of the above plus:
- Balance of protein, fat, carb for stable blood sugar to prevent over eating
- PORTION size (fist approximately 1 cup, palm approximately 3-6oz, and tip of thumb approximately 1 tsp)
- Hunger and satiety NOT starving and stuffed.