1. Be moderate! Make healthy choices most of the time. About 90%. Celebrate and indulge only at the holiday event. Try not to do it all day or week long.
2. Enjoy everyone’s company! Remember that the event is just as much about the socializing and family time! Don’t focus on the food!
3. Don’t skip meals. This will only make you hungrier and more likely to overeat at the event. And, skipping meals slows down your metabolism.
4. Only eat what you love! Don’t waste calories on foods that you can have all year long. And, definitely don’t waste them on foods that weren’t really as good as you thought they would be.
5. Limit liquid calories. With all the holiday festive beverages, remember that liquid calories count. Be sure to consume water between beverages and during meals. Remember that dehydration is often misconstrued as hunger.
Enjoy the holiday season and the last tip…. Drop the guilt!!! This is only 1 time per year. Enjoy and move on at the next meal!